Knowledge and skills around legal metrology, weights and measures and packaging related laws is rare. Often, absence of requisite skill sets within the team can pose roadblocks to the smooth flow of business. This course provides requisite training to equip compliance professionals, managers and operations teams to handle any issues around legal metrology with ease.
Which organizations need to comply with Legal Metrology Act and Rules?
How is legal metrology important for CAs, CS, lawyers?
Relevance of legal metrology for operations and business teams
How is legal metrology relevant for large companies and multinationals?
Who needs to obtain a license and how should it be obtained?
List of key obligations, procedural and compliance requirements
Legal framework and inter-linkages between different statutory instruments:
- Legal Metrology Act, 2009
- Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Rules, 2011
- Legal Metrology (General) Rules, 2011
- Legal Metrology (Approval of Models) Rules, 2011
- Legal Metrology (National Standards) Rules, 2011
- Legal Metrology (Numeration) Rules, 2011,
- Indian Institute of Legal Metrology Rules, 2011
- Delhi Legal Metrology (Enforcement) Rules, 2011
What are the consequences of non-compliance for organizations, managers and professionals?
Action plan in case of legal violations or show cause notices
Compliance checklist for managers
Key declarations required under Legal Metrology Act and Rules