This course offers a detailed overview of Intellectual Property Law. Offering key insights regarding impact of IP for businesses or career opportunity related to Intellectual Property Management. It also encompasses Copyright, Trademark, Patent, GI, Trade Secrets and Designs as well as Technology transfers.
Benefits of pursuing this course:
- Entrepreneurs can learn how to transform their game-changing products and services into quantifiable market value and trump competition by understanding Intellectual Property Law
- Working professionals and freelancing creative professionals can learn how to signal the current and potential value of their offerings to prospective clients, current stakeholders and competitors
- It is critical for practising lawyers to up their game by enrolling in the intellectual property law course to protecting their clients by preventing rivals from patenting related inventions or preventing the mis-use of their trademarks.
- There is a growing body of research that shows a positive correlation between an organization growth trajectory and access to capital and patenting
- Students can enhance their output and create a formidable CV during internships by understanding the IP systems and their role in the economy through patents and other types of IPs. Patents are being aggressively used in opportunistic patents
- The evolving digital technologies are able to copy and disseminate unique intellectual achievements which leaves a large section of the population vulnerable to vested interests
Relevance of IPR
Owing to their enormous contribution to domestic and global economy at large, it has been established that intellectual property needs to be protected to ensure that the consumers are able to purchase safe and guaranteed products while industries can depend on the adequate enforcement of their patents, trademarks and copyrights.
Enforced IP rights stand to help the consumers make adequately well informed choices regarding the authenticity and quality of products and services offered. A recent survey shows that the number of trademark and patents filings have increased by more than 20 times in last few years.
An IPR is a critical tool which offers competitive advantage, effectively negotiate and build industry wise partnerships Intellectual Property rights are a catalyst to encourage innovation across industries and reward entrepreneurial endeavours.
What is in it for Law Students:
- Offers in-depth knowledge to build their CV by imbibing critical concepts and how they play out in real world
- An opportunity to create a good impression in the internship to secure pre-placement offer
- The jobs in the IP intensive sectors is likely to grow twice as fast as the national average
- The salary in this industry is 25% higher than average earnings of their counterparts in other industries
What is in it for Law Practitioners
- They can further build their practice and highlight potential conflicts to safeguard the interests of their clients
- Get repeat business from the client base on account of applying knowledge gained from this certification
- Stay at top of their game by acquiring better critical analysis skills and applying them to practical real life situations
What is in for Professionals
- Professionals have to continually update their knowledge quotient and this course is a primer for them to evaluate their intellectual assets’ contribution to the business
- Helps them identify the strengths and weaknesses of their clients, especially in research and development segment to safeguard future business interests
- Identify intellectual gaps or potential conflicts of interest that may arise if a business unit or segment is looking to diversify across geographies
- Being better skilled than peers, stand a better chance to evolve in their career and scale new heights professionally
What is in it for Entrepreneurs
- Safeguard their innovations and products from predatory stakeholders or potential business rivals
- Gain competitive advantage by securing the intellectual assets and reduce the pace of clones appearing in the market
- Get improved top line and bottomline for their businesses by capitalizing and monetizing their copyrights
- Create a sustainable USP and differentiator in a crowded start-up space to negotiate better valuation with investors
- Create an additional revenue funnel by exploring licensing options
- Reduce the risk of future copyright infringement or violation and associated legal costs
Career Opportunities in Intellectual Property Rights
There is a dearth of skilled, smart and creative lawyers who can astutely examine the filing, reading and exploiting patents in times to come. There is a growing need to have a clear and concise understanding of implications of the patents granted to our competitors. Such professionals are strategic assets in the knowledge economy and in high demand.
IP Professionals are required to be well versed in legal, scientific and technological concepts (IP related) and possess following skills:
- Conducting patent and prior art searches
- Be able to search all patented and non-patented literature
- File patents
- Draft the patent application forms
- Prosecute the patent forms at patent office or litigate at the court
- Conduct trademark searches
- Manage the IP portfolio
Prospective sectors that employ IP specialists and professionals includes the government agencies, law firms, corporate houses and the R&D unit of manufacturing companies such as:
- Pharmaceutcal Industry
- Personal and Professional Grooming
- Design Departments
- Voluntary Organizations
- Publishing Houses
- Media Units
- Software and Hardware Industry
- White Goods Industry
How Will I Get Access to the Course
It is simple and a matter of few clicks:
- Click on Enroll Now Button
- Login to the Portal through Facebook Account
- Make Payment via the Instamojo Link
- Upon successful registration and payment, you will be able to access the course after 2 hours
- Since the course is completely delivered online, you can access it on the move
- Our robust learning management system is well optimized across all devices.
Who Have Created this Course
The course has been created by IP veterans such as Apar Gupta, Mathews VC, Nagaraja Subbarao, Anupam Pandey, Abhyuday Agarwal and Amartya Bag. The team credited with creating this course comes with a cumulative team experience of 90 years of expertise.They have strived hard to blend the nest of practical and theoretical world in the field of Intellectual Property Rights.
Is this Course Certified?
Yes, Absolutely. This online course is certified by LawSikho (a legal education platform of Intelligent Legal Risk Management Solutions LLP), the knowledge and technology partner of National University of Juridical Sciences, West Bengal (NUJS). LawSikho manages the entire portfolio of online courses offered by NUJS and is well respected in the industry. Industry veterans and stalwarts are part of its Academic Panel to offer a relevant blend of theoretical and practical application of the law.