Relevance of Knowledge of Corporate Finance
Learn how Corporate Finance is the fulcrum of any business right from start to end, be it inception, running operations or growth and stability of a company. Right from starting finance, investment finance to long-term finance, the fate of a company hinges strongly on the foresight and financial management of the decision-makers. The role of the decision makers is to maximise the shareholder value through a steady mix of short-term and long term planning and investment.
Some of the key questions that this course aims to offer are:
- How to decide if an investment proposal should be given mandate or not
- Should a company pay for its investment finance with equity, debt or an appropriate combination of both
- When is a right time to offer dividends to shareholders of a company
- Is the current liquidity in the company sufficient to finance short-term working capital needs
- On what terms should a company buy new machines or infrastructure
- What are the investment decisions a company should make
A corporate finance professional is trained to prepare capital budgets. In layman’s terms, she/ she is responsible to determine the major and minor expenses in a company, determine the future cashflows from different revenue streams and plan the tranches in which investment capital would be spent and decide the priority order of projects on the capital budget list. Poor capital budgeting decisions can lead to increased financial costs or falling short on its operating capacity leading to very weak financial condition in any company.
The other important objective achieved by capital budgeting is figuring out the optimal way to source funds for any business, either as equity or debt. The source of funds could be traditional systems such as banks, NBFCs, other financial intermediaries or it could be through issuance of debt securities through investment banks or sell stocks to the equity investors through stock exchanges. The key is to learn how to fine-tune the relative balance between debt and equity in order achieve the lowest cost of capital beneficial for a company.
Benefits of Pursuing Online Certificate Course in Corporate Finance
Learn to gauge the capital structure of a firm: Is too much debt likely to cause the company to default on its payments or is heavy reliance on equity leading to diluted earnings and reduced value for early investors
Learn the importance of managing short-term money management, meet all the due current liabilities or arrange back-up funds in case of unforeseen costs or contingencies
Learn how to relationship of corporate finance with other functional areas in a business such as production or purchase or marketing, human resource planning and more
Learn the legal requirements that are critical to be fulfilled when raising funds. There are different regulations governing the risk and benefits of different sources of fund if you are a Sole Proprietorship, LLP, Pvt. Ltd. or Public Ltd. Company
Gain to improve your analytical skills, quantitative skills and gain clear grasp of impact of law in helping you grow your business or potential legal and compliance risks.
What Law students stand to gain
- Being a lawyer, it is relatively easier to break into traditionally finance specific segments such as investment banking, hedge funds, private equity etc. Knowledge of Corporate Finance build a base to develop expertise in comparison to plain vanilla MBAs.
- Knowing Corporate Finance is a key enabler during the internships at various companies because you understand what drives revenue to the business and any potential legal hazards that might impact it adversely. The chances of securing a Pre-placement offer improve multifold
- Corporate Finance and law is a deadly combination which is one of the most sought after in the business world. Indigo’s President Aditya Ghosh is a case-in-point.
- A training in corporate finance arms the lawyers with a knowledge of capital budgeting and exposure to investment decisions which helps them analyse the legal loopholes or potential legal liabilities to save costs for the firm. A law intern with this depth of knowledge is better placed than peers to land a consulting or full-time position
What Law practitioners stand to gain
- Lawyers are already armed with checking the paperwork and identifying the devils in in the detail. After completing this course, they will learn how to drive the transactions and business decisions in a more efficient manner than the business graduate peers.
- For a lot of lawyers, real estate finance could be a very lucrative career transition as real estate have several points of overlap with law, there are complex contracts written prior to commencing construction activities.
- Lawyers will be armed with the knowledge related to distressed assets sicen multiple legal norms overlap with it
- Draft well balanced advise by up-skilling yourself with knowledge of Corporate Finance. Your agreements would reflect better education and quality of delivery if and when they are executed
- A large number of legal proceedings require financial statements to be presented and an acute understanding of what led the numbers to appear in the first place. Being a lawyer armed with knowledge of corporate finance, you will be able improve your prospects of case in favour. Ultimately, it will help you expand your practice without depending on accountants and book-keepers
What professionals stand to gain
- A collaborative workplace relies upon cross functional knowledge. Having a strong conceptual understanding of corporate finance would help in better project execution. Professionals who can learn and apply capital budgeting concepts stand out amongst peers and can expect better bonus and promotion offers
- This course is designed to evaluate the potential revenue and costs associated with financing any new project, idea or campaign. A manager who understands finance is better placed to identify the return on investment and hence, bargain a better allocation in budgets from Finance department
- By learning corporate finance, you are better placed to switch departments and seek career growth and development across new verticals.
What entrepreneurs stand to gain
- Enrolling into the certificate course for corporate finance, an entrepreneur will gain a better understanding of business models and future opportunities
- Learn how to use financing as a tool to become more successful in your current market
- Evaluate all the options of financial instruments available at your disposal, verify the risks associated with it and select the appropriate financing vehicle
- Learn what drives the valuation of your business and how to fix revenue leaks that might adversely harm your valuation and hence fund-raising capacity
Role of Corporate Finance in accelerating career growth
Lawyers who understand corporate finance are some of the most prized and sought-after professionals in the legal world. They are a rare combination of intellect and proficiency for numbers. Knowledge of Corporate Finance is going to enable a lawyer to move up the career ladder faster than the conventional strategy of career growth and development.
How can I access this course
It is simple and a matter of few clicks
- Click on Enroll Now Button
- Login to the Portal through Facebook Account
- Make Payment via the Instamojo Link
- Upon successful registration and payment, you will be able to access the course after 2 hours
- Since the course is completely delivered online, you can access it on the move
- Our robust learning management system is well optimized across all devices.
The brains behind the course
The course has been created by veterans such as Abhyuday Agarwal, Amartya Bag and Vanita Bhatnagar. The team credited with creating this course comes with a cumulative team experience of 90 years of expertise. They have strived hard to blend the nuances of practical and theoretical world in the field of Corporate Finance
Is this course certified
Yes, Absolutely. This online course is certified by iPleaders (a legal education platform of Intelligent Legal Risk Management Solutions LLP), a leading online education start-up which is committed to make quality education accessible and affordable to masses. Industry veterans and stalwarts are part of iPleaders’ Academic Panel to offer a relevant blend of theoretical and practical application of the law and business expertise.
Hurry now to enroll and get early-registration benefits worth INR 2,000!!